Malolotja Nature Reserve is one of the most impressive mountain parks in Southern Africa. The spectacular scenery and the variety of fauna and flora makes it a prime highveld conservation area. It is the last unspoilt mountain wilderness left in Eswatini. The reserve extends over an area of 18 000 hectares in north-west of Eswatini, making it the largest proclaimed protected area in the Kingdom.
To be the best adventure and eco-tourism destination of choice offering products and activities for a lasting memorable exceptional experience to local and international visitors; to the benefit of Swati people and economy.
- Conservation of nature and preservation of cultural heritage,
- The development and enforcement of nature conservation and cultural heritage legislation,
- Environmentally responsible behaviour and practices,
- Participate in commercially viable eco-tourism ventures,
- To deliver efficient & profitable operations through provision of high-quality services to showcase Swazi Natural Heritage.
- To render exciting adventure and eco-tourism experience in a natural, pristine and mountainous landscape, for the appreciation of local and international visitors
- To maximise revenue generation through eco-tourism by 5% quarterly
- To package tourism activities for various interests
- To provide quality products/services to all our customers
- To offer educational services for communities and schools on appreciation of nature
SERVICES AND AMENITIES
Accommodation: Malolotja offers 8 self-catering cabins, fully equipped, including bedding and towels. They accommodate five people each (two bedrooms, one with a single and a bunk bed). The cabins each have an outdoor area set up for braais.
Restaurant & bar: which offers a variety of dishes that appeal to anyone’s taste. Meals offered include a sumptuous breakfast, buffet for large groups but otherwise a-la-carte menu incorporating local, Portuguese and international cuisine. Restaurant is opened daily, from 0800h-1600h whilst the bar opens from 1000h-1800h. The restaurant is open to the public.